7 Best Vertical Mouse For Folks With Large Hands!
If you buy something using the retail links in our articles, sometimes we earn a small affiliate commission. This does not impact the products we recommend.
This post is for the guys who have hands the size of dinner plates, can catch a football in one hand and who find it downright awkward to use a regular sized computer mouse.
Despite upgrading laptops, monitors and chairs many times over the years there’s one key component of a desktop set-up that often gets forgotten about – the mouse!
An ergonomic computer mouse that helps reduces muscle strain is after all just as valuable at improving work efficiency as your chair, monitor or keyboard.
If like myself you have large hands you might also find your fingers and palm curved and crooked to allow them to operate a small mouse, or your wrist working overtime to use the scroll function. The solution….a vertical mouse.
You might ask the question: why a vertical mouse?
Well, a vertical mouse makes your hand comfortable by placing it in the natural handshake position allowing you to operate all buttons and functions with ease. This enables fast performance at the same time as impacting less strain upon the muscles in your forearm and causing less twisting in your wrist.
These benefits in turn combine to improve your work performance and preserve your long term health as ‘scissoring’ your radius and ulna bones over many years has been known to contribute to repetitive strain injuries (RSI).
In the list below we’ve taken the initiative to present you with just a few of the largest models of vertical mouse. So, be sure to read on for more information!
Our Pick Logitech MX Vertical Mouse
- ADVANCED ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Places your hand in a natural handshake position using a unique 57-degree angle, preventing forearm twisting and reducing muscular strain by 10 percent (As compared with a traditional non-vertical mouse. Based on Logitech Study, September 2017)
- HYPER-EFFICIENT TRACKING - 4000 DPI high-precision sensor provides precise tracking that requires 4x less hand movement compared to a traditional mouse with a 1000 DPI sensor
- CROSS-COMPUTER CONTROL - Game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech FLOW
- THREE WAYS TO CONNECT - Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included wireless USB unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart technology or the included USB-C charging cable
The Logitech MX has become the standard bearer for vertical mouse quality in recent years.
The MX is unique in that it features a 57° vertical angle design that places your hand in a more natural position while working to help reduce muscle strain.
It has a USB-C port for fast charging however this won’t be required too often as the in-built 240mAh batteries allow the unit to stay powered for up to 4 months! With an emergency quick charge feature allowing 3 hours of operating power to be achieved after only 1 minute of charging!
Another feature that compliments the vertical design is its high-precision sensor with a sensitivity of 4,000 DPI. This means, you will use up to 4× less hand movements to move the cursor across the screen.
Multi-tasking between 3 different computers at once is also possible thanks to Logitech Flow, the Bluetooth Smart technology and USB unifying receiver that allows pairing across multiple devices. It even works between Windows and MacOS operating systems!
With all the features, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse is worth looking into.
We Don’t Like
Budget Pick Autley Wireless Vertical Mouse
- ✅【Unique Ergonomic Design】The unique ergonomic shape closely supports your palm, the proper vertical design that keeps your hand and arm staying more naturally. Effectively reduces the wrist strain and pain, compared with a regular mouse. (Note: it is right-handed mouse)
- ✅【Large Size】This ergonomic mouse size is Great for Large hands/Men's hands, may be NOT very comfortable to Women or Small Hands. It may take several days to get used to. If it does not fit your hand well, ✉contact us for refund without any hassle at any time.
- ✅【3 Different Sensitivity】800/1200/1600 DPI, switched by DPI button. Built-in rechargeable Li-battery. The mouse works while charging. 2.4G wireless connection, no wire hassle.
- ✅【Easy to Use】Plug and play. Compatible with Windows 8/7/10/Vista/XP/2000, Mac, Linux (NOTE: Both forward and backward buttons are not recognized on Mac).
The Autley wireless vertical mouse is oversized and ideally suited for large hands.
When it comes to the ergonomic design, a pleasingly flowing palm rest helps keep your wrist, arm and shoulder in a natural position for more comfort.
There is a DPI button on top of the mouse for shifting between three sensitivities – 800, 1,200, and 1,600 DPI, as well as forward and back navigation buttons that compliment traditional controls.
Responsiveness is also great since the mouse and USB receiver uses 2.4GHz wireless technology during the connection.
We Don’t Like
Also Great Delux Wired Vertical Mouse
- [Ergonomic Vertical Design]: Unique vertical ergonomic computer mouse with special volute bionic design reduces arm discomfort and hand stiffness
- [RGB Lighting & Software Setting]: With RGB Chasing lighting, offer you a marvelous working experience (Note: if want to turn On/Off the lights, please find the switch at the bottom of the mouse). With the Memory Setting Driver, all keys are programmable, setting the lighting effects mode and creating any macro, just set and all the settings would be stored
- [Removable Wrist Rest]: humanized wrist rest design, let your forearm and vertical mouse be a whole part and make your wrist lift from the ground and rest on the comfortable pad which protects your wrist from friction when moving the mouse
- [5 Adjustable DPI]: 800-1200-1600-2400-4000 5 gear DPI, which would be easily shifted according to your daily working requirement by the dotted switch in the bottom, with 4000 DPI, even could use it as the ergonomic gaming mouse
If you’re looking for the best mouse to combat pre-existing wrist pain, then maybe it’s time to consider the DeLUX vertical mouse.
That’s because this mouse has a removable wrist rest to help alleviate any wrist pain that you may be suffering from. The tall volute bionic vertical design also gives you more surface to grab, making this mouse ideal for users with large hands.
When it comes to performance, you can expect to have an edge since the mouse is ultra-sensitive. Simply choose between the 5 DPI gears (800-1,200-1,600-2,400-4,000) DPI. using a dotted switch at the bottom of the unit and you’ll be all set!
It is a wired mouse, which means you don’t have to worry about losing power when working. However, this may be a disadvantage for users looking to have free hand movements.
And with the memory setting driver onboard, you have the option to set the lighting effects to meet your mood.
We Don’t Like
J-Tech Wireless Vertical Mouse
- Unique ergonomic design with removable palm rest to reduce hand and wrist pain
- Two thumb buttons can be used for back/forward browser navigation
- Driver free 3-mode DPI shift:600/1000/1600DPI adjustable
- High-resolution optical sensor with adjustable sensitivity for accuracy and responsiveness
Besides having a unique ergonomic design that places your hand in the natural handshake position the J-Tech has a removable palm rest.
As a result it helps reduce and fend off hand and wrist pain when you’re working at a computer.
The palm rest also makes sure that the mouse extends to accommodate the entire size of your hand. And this further makes this mouse one of the best vertical mice for large hands.
The USB receiver has an impressive range of 10 meters, making sure you can move your arm freely without worries. You can also shift between 3 DPI sensitivities (600, 1,000, and 1,600 DPI) using a DPI mode button on top of the mouse!
If you need to have back and forward navigation, simply use the two thumb buttons that come in handy. However, this mouse doesn’t have built-in batteries so you’ll have to use 2 AAA batteries to power it.
We Don’t Like
Autley Wired Vertical Mouse
- 【Superior ergonomic design for Healthy Work】The practical ergonomic shape closely supports the palm, the proper vertical design that keeps the hand and arm in a more natural way. Effectively reduces the strain and pain of the wrist compared to a normal mouse. (Note: it is a right-handed mouse)
- 【Large size】The size of AUTLEY wired ergonomic mouse fits well for men's hands (large hands), maybe NOT very comfortable for women or small hands. It will take several days to get used to.
- 【Four different sensitivities】1000/1600/2400/3200 DPI, switchable with the DPI button. Used for regular office work, casual games, study, graphic design etc.
- 【Wide compatibility】Compatible with Windows 8/7/10 / Vista / XP / 2000, Mac OS, Linux (NOTE: the forward and backward buttons are not recognized on Mac). Plug and play.
The Autley wired vertical mouse that is more suited to a static desktop setup than a hot desking laptop. Simply plug its cord into the USB port on your computer and you will be ready to rock and roll!
The core feature is the ergonomic design with its vertical build that supports user’s palms to reduce pain and strain in the arm and wrist.
When it comes to performance, you’ll find this mouse to be very sensitive and fast. You have 4 different mouse sensitivities to choose from (1,000, 1,600, 2,400, and 3,200 DPI). A dedicated DPI button helps you make a quick shift between these sensitivities without a fuss.
What’s more, this mouse is compatible with various operating systems such as Mac OS, Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, and XP. It has been reported however that forward and backward navigation buttons may not work properly with Mac OS computers.
We Don’t Like
ZLOT Rechargeable Vertical Mouse
- Ergonomic Vertical Design.Unlike those traditional ones which strain wrist and arm over time, causing great pain. The vertical design provides better support for your forearm minimizing wrist pain that can come from twisting.
- Rechargeable Wireless Mouse.Built-in rechargeable battery and low-power optoelectronic ICs,very convenient.The blue light on both sides of the mouse is a beautiful design.
- Added Forward-Back buttons (Only Used for Windows)provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Widely Compatible with Windows 2000/ME/XP（x64）/Vista/7/8/10/Mac OS X（over V10.4)/Linux.(The Forward-Back thumb buttons are not recognized on the Mac OS X).Please peel off the transparent protective film on the bottom of the mouse before use.
Ergonomics that favour large hands has been considered in the design of the ZLOT vertical mouse.
In addition to a repetitive strain injury preventing form the you can also choose between 3 mouse sensitivities – 1,000, 1,600, and 2,400 DPI by simply using the DPI button to shift through the gears.
This is a wireless mouse with a built-in battery that is recharged using a micro USB cable.
Other standard features include the right and left buttons, as well as the scroll wheel. It’s impressive how versatile this mouse is. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, MacOS X, Linux, just to mention a few.
We Don’t Like
Adesso IMouse E1
The Adesso iMouse E1 is a wired vertical mouse has a DPI switch button for shifting between two sensitivities – 1,000 and 1,600 DPI. The switch between the sensitivities is a breeze to use, allowing you to meet your performance needs as you move between different tasks.
As is common in vertical mice, this unit has back and forward buttons that you can access with your thumb, bringing convenience when navigating.
The large vertical design also helps reduce muscle strain and twisting of the wrist when working.
It works with various operating systems including Windows 7/8/10/Vista/XP and Mac OS.
We Don’t Like
What is a vertical mouse?
A vertical mouse is a computer mouse designed to provide a more natural fit with the contours of a user’s palm. Vertical mouses also have additional features such as backward and forward navigation buttons that you can easily access with your thumb. As such, they’re more ergonomic and convenient to use.
Are vertical mouses better than traditional models?
A vertical mouse is better because of its considerate design. It keeps your hand in the natural handshake position thus making your hand and wrist more comfortable during long periods of work. The ergonomic design means you will not twist your wrist or forearm, both common contributors to repetitive strain injuries. For this reason alone vertical mouses are better than traditional flat models.
Can I use my vertical mouse with any computer?
For the most part yes. They are compatible with most computer operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, and Mac OS. However, some vertical mouses might not work with Mac OS X, so it’s worth checking the product description before making a purchase if you are an OS X user.
Should I choose a wired or wireless vertical mouse?
It all depends on your preference. If you’re looking for an uninterrupted power supply for your mouse, you might want to opt for wired models. But if you wish for full freedom of hand movement, wireless models are your best bet.
Are vertical mouses better for people with large hands?
Vertical mouses are large by the nature of their designs. As such, they favourably fit larger hands, ostensibly making them appealing to male users. Of course there’s no limitation on who can use them just that initially people with smaller hands may find it difficult to reach and operate all of the buttons easily.
No matter your hand size after a few sessions familiarising yourself with the configuration you too may start to benefit from the convenience they offer.
Placing your forearm and wrist in a natural handshake position might seem like a small insignificant detail, especially when the mouse you have been using for so many years hasn’t caused you any bother at all.
For those of us with large hands however the stresses and strains bestowed upon our wrist and forearm are a familiar feeling, especially when cramped up to use sometimes ridiculously tiny mouses.
The real selling point and benefit of a vertical mouse is the ergonomic design and comfort it brings to the table.
If you’re lucky enough not to have any wrist complaint such as RSI or carpal tunnel syndrome, then thank your stars and don’t delay in caring for your skeleton.
We use the Jabra Elite 65t for conference calls when it's noisy indoors. Here's how to troublehsoot and fix your Elite 65t left earbud when it stops working.
Rollerblade casters are a perfect addition to your office chair if you wish to protect your carpet or hardwood from damage. Here's our three top picks.