Top 10 Best Dual Monitor Mounts – 2021 Review
Most folks just don’t realize how much strain is placed upon their eyes, shoulders, neck and back by working in front of a poorly positioned monitor.
Being able to position your monitor correctly, is crucial to your ability to work at your most efficient.
If you’re constantly readjusting yourself, or your screen for a little temporary relief offered by a change in position change then there’s not a chance you’l be able to get into a flow state.
If, like me, you’re big into creating the best possible work environment to use spent time on the computer meaningfully, then you’ll likely already know of the proven productivity benefits gained when working from a dual monitor setup.
Incorporating a dual monitor mount into this productive desk setup has the added benefit of decluttering your work surface and minimising the amount of distractions available to a wandering eye.
The problem is, there are a multitude of units on the market and sifting through each in turn to find the best dual monitor mount is a time sap.
We’ve done the legwork for you to bring together 10 of the best dual monitor mounts.
Hope it proves helpful.
Best Dual Monitor Mounts At A Glance
- North Bayou Dual Monitor Mount – Best Dual Monitor Mount
- Duronic DM65L1X1 Dual Monitor Mount – Best Designed Dual Monitor Mount
- Huanuo Dual Monitor Stand – Best Budget Dual Monitor Mount
- Mount It! Dual Monitor Desk Mount
- Duronic DM35V2X1 Vertical Dual Monitor Bracket
- Duronic DM252 Monitor Screen Bracket
- 2EZ Dual Monitor Free Standing Desk Mount
- Loctek D5D Dual Monitor Arm
- IMtKotW Dual Arm Monitor Stand
- Mount-It! Freestanding Dual Monitor Stand
Our Pick - North Bayou Dual Monitor Mount
- ☑ ULTRA WIDE LONG ARM- with ultra wide and longer arm fits most monitor from 22~ 32'' monitors with load capacity within 6.6~ 26.4lbs (3-12KG) for each monitor, Holds 2 monitors on 1 stand , Perfect solution for 2 screens daily work.
- ☑ VESA-COMPLIANT PATTERNS 75x75mm and 100x100mm; While if your VESA hole is inside a recession area, Pls noted that the size of the whole VESA Plate of this product is 118*118mm, Extra Longer Screw & Screw spacer may be needed in order to make it fit well. Supports clamp or grommet hole installation, C clamp works great on desk thicknesses within 3.54''(90mm), while grommet mounting fits hole diameter from 0.39 to 1.97''(10-50mm)
- ☑ WIDE RANGE ADJUSTMENTS Built in with ultra-precision gas-strut, Support : +85° to -30° screen tilt adjustment, 360° rotation for landscape or portrait mode; Upright lift 13.5" (345mm) and +90° to -90° degrees swivel, which is perfect for deeper and larger desktops.
- ☑ INTEGRATED CABLE MANAGEMENT Conceals inside provide clean ,neat and clutter-free appearance, maximum ergonomic comfort to relieve eye, neck and back strain,Hold your monitors on a full motion to saves your valuable space
The North Bayou dual mount is our top pick not for any stand out feature or gimmicky design, but for being consistently above average on the quality of all of its features.
Made out of aircraft grade aluminium alloy, the appearance of the North Bayou straight out the box is one that shouts ‘I’m serious about work’.
The unit is ideal for a range of monitor sizes, from 17 to 27-inch, which are attached via VESA 75/100 standards. This means you will be able to mount monitors from most popular brands such including LG, Samsung and HP. For Apple monitors (which don’t use VESA standards) you’ll need an additional adaptor mount as these screens weren’t made with mounting holes.
Each arm can support monitors weighing up to 9kgs whilst providing a 360 degree swivel, allowing you to flip between landscape and portrait mode lightening fast.
Rarely does a 27″ monitor weigh more than 20lbs but be mindful a few do exist (including the Apple Thunderbolt display at 23.5lbs!).
The tension of the arm needed to support different monitor weights, yet retain easy monitor movement, is adjusted with a simple turn with an Alan key (supplied).
Installation to a desk is pretty simple, featuring the option of a C-clamp for attachment to the edge of a surface (up to 89mm thick), or a grommet for when an edge isn’t near.
For a tidy desk, cable management clips are integrated onto the arms to create a clutter free appearance.
If you’re looking for a solid and secure mount then the North Bayou ticks the boxes.
Also Great - Duronic DM65L1X1 Dual Monitor Mount
- GAS-POWERED ARMS FOR SMOOTH AND EASY ADJUSTMENT: The Duronic DM65L1X1 is a heavy-duty aluminium desk mount for one computer monitor and one laptop. Our DM65 range of gas-powered arms provide high flexibility along with an professional appearance. The arms can be manoeuvred higher or lower on the fly, just simply by holding the screen and directing it into the desired position. A great space saver, this twin arm will free up desk space by elevating your screens.
- HEALTH BENEFITS AND INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: Most stand-alone monitors are low-levelled and as such they can cause a problem for most people as they sit below the user’s natural line of sight. When a screen is not positioned properly it can have a negative effect on the user’s posture, wellbeing and productivity. This ergonomic Duronic desk mount allows the user to adjust the stand based on their own height and seating position, enabling them to work comfortably.
- ADJUSTABLE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS: This model has two extended arms with joints that swivel 180° and raise or lower the screens by 45°; these joints enable the user to manoeuvrer the screen easier and bring the screen forwards towards the user. The VESA bracket which holds the screen offers further adjustability; it can swivel left/right, tilt up/down and can rotate 360° allowing you to view the monitor vertically.
- COMPATIBLE WITH VESA MONITORS: This DM65L1X1 monitor stand is suitable for most major brand monitors on the market (i.e. Samsung, LG, Dell, to name a few) who adhere to VESA compatibility. This mount will support one laptop and one screen 15”-27” in size and up to 8kg. The VESA bracket will hold a monitor with VESA 100 or VESA 75 mounting holes; this means that the holes should be either 100mm or 75mm apart from each other when measured.
Designed to use a laptop as the second screen in a dual setup, the Duronic DM65L1X1 takes an innovative approach to improving posture and creating a better work environment.
Laptops are more and more frequently being used as the main processing power behind desktop setups, yet incorporating them has always meant ‘slightly awkward’ postures, a pile of books to prop the machine up off the desk, or closing the lid entirely.
Whilst the monitor is held in place with VESA 75 or 100 mounts, the laptop is sat upon a mobile shelf capable of holding laptops of up to 17″ in place via a 2cm ledge.
The two arms of the L1X1, swivel on three different hinges and can tilt between 85° or -90° left and right to make sure each screen can hit almost any desired vision point precisely. For the laptop shelf, the sturdy design ensures that position won’t be changed just by the simple act of typing
Height wise, the standard mounting pole is 40cm and it’s attached to a desk edge via a c-clamp that at its widest can open 5.6cm. Cleverly, Duronic have made a 100cm mounting pole available as an add-on to allow the L1X1 to become perfect as a sit stand solution without the need for a standing desk.
Budget Pick - Huanuo Dual Monitor Stand
- ➤IMPROVE YOUR POSTURE FOR EFFICIENT WORK - With the stand, the upper articulating gas spring arm reaches up to 26.18”(VESA center to desktop), freely choose the monitor height and comfortable posture for productive work.
- ➤MAXIMIZE YOUR DESKTOP - Hold your monitor on the arm off desktop, save up valuable space on your desk and make your workstation spacious; the integrated cable management keeps your cables neat and ordered.
- ➤CUSTOMIZE YOUR SCREEN ANGLE - This full motion monitor arm allows your monitor tilt, swivel and rotate to find an optimal view angle to meet your demands; Landscape to portrait is just a piece of cake!
- ➤CUSTOMIZE YOUR MONITOR COMBINATION - The adjustable arms and stand allow you to stack 2 monitors up to 27 inches, more convenient and efficient for design and data analysis work.
Heavy-duty aluminum and high-strength steel are the materials of choice for the Huanuo Dual Monitor Stand. This unit can, therefore, support 19.8 pounds on each arm. Also, each arm can efficiently carry a 32-inch monitor.
The arms offer a smooth, full-range motion. Consequently, you can adjust the height of your monitor with ease. You can as well push the monitors away or pull them closer for better viewing. The arms have gas springs that make sure you perfectly position the monitors for ergonomic viewing.
When it comes to the installation, you have the option of using either a C-clamp or grommet for attaching the unit to your work desk. There is also a cable management system for the monitors’ cables. This makes your workspace tidy even further. A such, this is another sturdy dual monitor mount for people looking for durability and unmatched performance.
Mount It! Dual Monitor Desk Mount
- Fits two computer screens up to 27 inches, with a maximum support weight of 14.3 pounds each, using the 75x75mm or 100x100mm VESA square mounting bolt hole pattern found on the back of the monitors. Comes with C-clamp base mount for use on desktops up to 3.1 inches thick.
- Gas spring monitor arms are heavy duty, counterbalanced and make for effortless adjustments and comes with integrated, hide-away cable management. Aircraft grade aluminum alloy construction will stand the test of time.
- Arm can tilt 90 degrees, swivel a full 360 degrees, raise and/lower a total of 17.7 inches. Screens can be rotated 180 degrees for portrait or landscape orientation, independent of each other, and will hold in place.
- Comes with all mounting hardware, tools, and instructions necessary for assembly and easy installation.
This Mount It! dual monitor mount for desk also has two arms for two monitors or screens. This unit is ideal for 17 to 27-inch monitor screens. What’s more, the arms provide full motion swivel, all thanks to the built-in ultra-precision gas-strut.
As a result, you can easily position your monitors for perfect viewing. The built-in gas springs remain effective for up to 50,000 uses. This means the monitor mount is very durable. Besides, installation is pretty simple since this mount features a C-clamp for attaching it to your work desk. A grommet is also available to help with the installation.
Each arm can support up to 17.6lbs, which is very impressive. The VESA 75/100-hole standard makes sure that you can mount monitors from popular brands such as LG, Samsung, and HP, just to mention a few, sturdily enough. If you’re looking for optimal viewing position and durability, then this dual monitor mount is worth the investment.
Duronic DM35V2X1 Vertical Dual Monitor Bracket
- SPACE SAVING SOLUTION: Having a computer monitor and a laptop or tablet on your desk can take up a lot of space, let alone having two. One of the great advantages of having a vertical double screen support like the DM35V2X1 is that it takes up very little room on your table top; by elevating the screens together in one place it also frees up valuable space which enables you to utilise it for other things. Holding them vertically, this allows the user to view one screen on top of the other.
- HEALTH BENEFITS AND INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: Most stand-alone monitors and laptops are low-levelled and as such they can cause a problem for most people as they are positioned below the user’s natural line of sight. When a screen is not positioned properly it can have a negative effect on the user’s posture, wellbeing and productivity. This desk mount allows the user to adjust the stand based on their own height and position, enabling them to work comfortably without aches and pains.
- ADJUSTABLE TO CREATE OPTIMAL VIEWING ANGLES: This aluminium monitor stand is adjustable, both in height and in the position or angle of the VESA heads. The monitor brackets can be adjusted up/down along the pole, move left to right by 180° and rotate 360° so that you can view them vertically.
- COMPATIBLE WITH VESA MONITORS: This monitor stand is suitable for most major brand monitors on the market (i.e. Samsung, LG, Dell, to name a few) who adhere to VESA compatibility. This mount will support 2 screens 13”-27” in size and with a maximum weight of 8kg each. The VESA bracket will hold monitors with VESA 100 or VESA 75 mounting holes; this means that the holes should be either 100mm or 75mm apart from each other when measured.
The Duronic DM35V2X1 has a height of 80 cm, and it comes with two arms that can rotate 360° around the pole for optimal monitor viewing position.
Also, the arms can let you tilt the monitors through -90° to the left and 35° to the right. It’s affordable and can support up to 8kg of weight on each arm.
It attaches to the desktop vertically and you can use it to mount either a monitor or a TV. It is, therefore, very versatile. You will, however, need to check your monitors’ sizes (maximum of 27″).
Duronic DM252 Monitor Screen Bracket
- DUAL MONITOR STAND: The DM252 is a twin desk mount that holds two computer screens. Made of strong steel and finished with a matt black effect, this double monitor stand allows you to adjust both screen’s height, tilt, swivel as well as allowing you to rotate the screen from landscape to portrait. A great space saver, this desktop stand will elevate both screens off of the desk surface, which will free up space that you can utilise for other equipment.
- HEALTH BENEFITS AND INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: Most stand-alone monitors and laptops are low-levelled and as such they can cause a problem for most people as they are positioned below the user's natural line of sight. When a screen is not positioned properly it can have a negative effect on the user's posture, wellbeing and productivity. This ergonomic office desk mount allows the user to adjust the stand and arms based on their own height and position enabling them to work in comfort.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE FLEXIBLE ARMS: This twin monitor stand is fully adjustable, both in height and in the position or angle of the arms. The arms can be adjusted forward/backward, up/down, move left to right and rotate 360° around the pole. You can also push the two screens back to towards the pole to create more space between the user and the screens or bring them closer if needed. The VESA head bracket can swivel left/right and can rotate 360° allowing you to view the monitor vertically.
- VESA COMPATIBILITY: This double monitor stand is suitable for most major brand PC monitors on the market (i.e. Samsung, LG, Dell, to name a few) who adhere to VESA compatibility. This computer screen mount will support 2 screens 13"-27" in size and with a maximum weight of 8kg each. Each VESA bracket will hold monitors with VESA 100 or VESA 75 mounting holes; this means that the holes should be either 100mm or 75mm apart from each other when measured.
This is yet another monitor stand that features steel as its core material. As such, it is solid and extremely durable. Besides, it can support up to 8kg of weight on each arm. If your two monitors are compatible with VESA 75/100 head plates, then this monitor stand offers impressive usage.
The unit can also support monitor screens ranging from 13 to 27 inches. Since the arms are fully adjustable, you can position your monitors either horizontally or vertically for a perfect viewing position.
This works to your advantage as the monitor stand averts possible damage to your spinal cord. And, in turn, your work productivity will increase! The monitor stand has a C-clamp for attaching it to your work desk. This makes it easy to use right out of the box.
2EZ Dual Monitor Free Standing Desk Mount
This 2EZ monitor desktop mount features two arms that give you full-motion articulation. Also, you can easily adjust the viewing heights of your monitors with ease. Managing your cables is now easier with this unit since it comes with a cable management system for the monitors. This helps keep your workspace tidy.
And with high-grade steel and Aluminum forming its construction materials, you can be sure to use this dual monitor stand for years to come. It fits many LCD monitors whose sizes range from 13 to 28 inches. Each joint on the arms guarantees ergonomics for excellent viewing.
As a result, you will not strain your back, neck, and shoulder when working, and this maximizes your productivity in the workplace. You can easily tighten the joints on the arm so your monitor can remain tight in any given position.
Loctek D5D Dual Monitor Arm
- 1. Arms easily adjust to support an ergonomically correct workstation; sit more comfortably at your desk while reducing neck, eye and back strain, extend or retract monitor arm; rotate monitor to landscape or portrait mode
- 2. Gas spring hovering system gracefully adjusts monitor height
- 3. Aircraft-grade aluminum arm features a stylish anti-scratch surface, both arms rotate horizontally 360 Degree (180 Degree in each direction)
- 4. Cable management system organizes wires for a tidy desk
One advantage of the Loctek D5D dual monitor stand is that it comes with a cable management system. This system keeps the cables of the monitors safe from stretching when you’re moving the unit’s arms. With each arm supporting weights between 3.3 to 11 pounds, this unit will support your two monitors without hassles.
Besides, this unit comprises aircraft-grade Aluminum and injection-molded plastic as its materials of construction. As such, it is highly durable and might last you a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
In terms of the monitor sizes, this unit supports monitors whose sizes range from 10 to 27 inches, which is pretty impressive! Adjusting the viewing height of your monitor is also easy, all thanks to the gas spring hovering system of the unit. This dual monitor stand, therefore, has what it takes to give you ergonomic viewing positions and is a great investment.
IMtKotW Dual Arm Monitor Stand
- 💗FULL MOTION MOUNTA: wide range of movement: tilt from +45° to -45° combined with 180° landscape rotation and 180° swivel - ideal for ultra-wide or big screens and monitors, 13 inches of smooth height adjustment with pneumatic spring lift.
- 💗ERGONOMICS: Improve your overall well-being by creating most comfortable viewing angle for work or gaming, with the freedom to adjust your monitor height and angle.
- 💗TWO MOUNTING OPTIONS& CABLE MANAGMENT: Fits desk with or without a hole. C clamp works for desks, thickness 0.4”~3.3" while grommet base fits desk thickness 0.4”~1.9". Integrated cable management to keep your cords out of sight.
- 💗UNIVERSAL: Holds one screen weighing up to 33 lbs. Fits most 17” to 35” computer monitors on the market (both flat and curved screens). The quick release VESA bracket has 75x75mm and 100x100mm mounting capability.
The IMtKotW dual monitor stand is made from heavy-duty aluminum. As a result, each of its arms can support weights of up to 17.6 pounds. Since most monitors are within this weight range, the unit will excellently hold two monitors for viewing.
The VESA head plates have 75 × 75 and 100 × 100 mm holes for holding your monitors in place. The arms give you full motion control. As a result, you can tilt, rotate, or swivel the monitors. However, you can only tilt or swivel the monitors through ±90°, and rotate the monitors through ±180°.
Installation is simple since you can either use a C-clamp or grommet to attach the dual mount on your desktop. You also get a cable management system for your monitors if you opt for this unit. The arms guarantee ergonomics in terms of monitor positioning. As such, the IMtKotW is yet another top-performing dual monitor stand to invest in.
Mount-It! Freestanding Dual Monitor Stand
- Fits two monitors 19 21.5 24 27 29 32 inches in size, with a maximum support weight of 22 pounds each, using the 75x75mm or 100x100mm VESA square bolt holes pattern found on the back of the monitors. Measure the distance between bolt holes, in millimeters, if unsure of size.
- Constructed of heavy duty steel, integrated cable management clips on each to keep your cables organized, comes with interchangeable free standing or grommet bases, and mounting plates are detachable for easy installation.
- Monitors can tilt up 80 degrees and down 80 degrees, swivel left-right a full 360 degrees, and each screen can be rotated 360 degrees and held in portrait or landscape orientation independent of one another. Arms raise and lower 15.5 inches on the center pole.
- Comes with all mounting hardware, tools, and instructions necessary for assembly. Mounting plates can be removed, attached to your monitors, then re-attached to the stand in a few minutes for easy installation.
Unlike the rest of the dual monitor mounts on the list, the Mount It! Freestanding dual stand one has VESA head plates with 3 holes: 50 x 50, 75 x 75, and 100 x 100mm holes. This means you have the flexibility to mount almost all models of monitors up to 27 inches in size.
Each arm can support 22 pounds without wiggles. However, this stand can only support screens whose sizes don’t exceed 27 inches. But it still offers height adjustability for ergonomic viewing.
Talking about adjustability, you can effortlessly tilt the arms through ±15°. Also, you can swivel the monitors through 180° at 4 joints, and 360° at only 2 joints.
But when it comes to rotating your monitors, you can do so through a 360° angle. As such, this unit offers a full-motion range. You can use it to move your monitors 17 inches up or down. Installation is simple since the unit comes with installation hardware, the necessary tools, and a guide. It, therefore, performs exceptionally well and is a great investment to anyone with 27-inch monitors.
How can I mount a dual monitor stand on my work desk?
Usually, dual monitor stands come with a C-clamp. This makes the installation quite simple and doesn’t require any holes to be drilled into the desk surface. The C-clamp simply requires the monitor mount to be positioned near a desk edge.
Alternative installations involve using a hole made through the desktop surface. The mount is then attached using a grommet.
Are dual monitor mounts universal?
No, they’re not. These units work with monitors of various screen sizes. You can find some that can hold 34-inch monitors and others that can hold up to 27-inch monitors as the maximum screen size. To make sure that you’re getting the best deal, make sure that the dual monitor mount you’re about to buy will accommodate the size of your monitors.
Do I need the same monitors to use a dual monitor stand?
While you need two monitors to run a dual monitor stand setup, the size or model of the two monitors don’t need to be the same. You will however need to make sure that the dual mount stand can accommodate the two sizes since these stands have limits in terms of the monitor size and weight. If your stand can accommodate 15 to 27 inches, you can mount 15-inch and 27-inch monitors. Also, the two monitors don’t need to be from the same brand.
Is a dual monitor mount worth the investment?
Yep, a dual monitor stand is worth the investment for a couple of reasons. First, it helps you save space on your work desk by removing the need for two monitor bases. And more importantly, it helps you adjust the viewing positions of the monitors for ergonomic viewing. This will in turn reduce the stress on your neck, back, and shoulders and allow you to focus on work as opposed to discomfort.
If you’re looking to free up some space and transform your home office into a productive setup , investing in a dual monitor mount is an ideal solution. Besides saving space, a dual monitor mount comes in handy to help you adjust the viewing height and positions of your monitors.
They guarantee ergonomic viewing for a stress-free working experience and are well worth the investment.
A new desk. An old plant friend. How can they co-exist without water, soil or plant material making a total mess of your work surface? Check this out.
Rollerblade casters are a perfect addition to your office chair if you wish to protect your carpet or hardwood from damage. Here’s our three top picks.